Wednesday 19 December 2012

Our Dad by the Little Darlings

Our Dad

By Eve

Our dad always liked being the joker of the house and called himself the Minister of Fun. He liked having competitions with my mum to see who could get best marks for our homework. Once he drew a bailey castle for Kate, and got a credit. Another time me made a leaf cell model for Kate, and my mum made one for me, but mum’s didn’t look as good as dad’s. I told her that hers looked better but my dad knew that his was the best because mum didn’t get any credits for hers. When Kate showed dad the credits he laughed and showed off. We thought this was very entertaining and mum did as well. Please don’t tell Mr Housecroft, by the way.

When we were little one Christmas he said he invented a new drink, champagne and orange juice, and was truly gutted when my mum told him that it was already invented and was called bucks fizz. He also said he was the actual painter of Van Goff’s sunflowers, and that he won a trophy from the Olympics in the 100 meter sprint. He showed us a silver cup that he said he’d won. The next day Jack took the trophy in to “show and tell” at school, and said my dad won this in the Olympics. Dad laughed and laughed when Jack told us, so did mum. He got pretend frustrated when we got older and knew that he was joking about the famous things he’d done, like writing President Obama’s speeches.

By Kate

I liked it when dad took us on a walk that he called the “cow poo walk” because we had to go past a stinky farm. On holiday this summer he did karaoke and sang Sweet Caroline which was sooooo embarrassing!  But it wasn’t as bad as when mum and dad did a duet of Delilah at Uncle Nick’s wedding. That was really bad. One thing about music that we all agreed on is that Justin Beiber is total rubbish. There are loads of things that we will miss about our dad, but when we think and talk about him he still makes us laugh.

By Jack

I remember when I was four I fell and broke my leg, and my dad didn’t think I’d done anything bad and told me to stop being a mincer and run it off. When my mum rang him from the hospital and told him that my leg was broken, he said “oops”! He always made bad things seem like good things. Our dad didn’t want anybody to be sad, he wanted people to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment